Livin' it up in Ben Franklin's town. Riding a bike in the city; damn! watch out for those trolley tracks (slippery when wet!) Whoa, that's what a hoochie mama looks like! I don't think I'm in Delaware anymore.....

Thursday, October 27, 2005

My friends are having cute kids

Saw a picture of TedLogiK's and Gwen's son, Teague. (thanks for sending it Gwen) He's wicked cute. Same with JC's kiddo, who was at GraNizNo this past weekend.

My friends are bad influences on me as in the past 2 years I've seen some cute kids come about. In years past I try my best to avoid dating the "wanting to settle down and make babies" chic, and instead go for the women who just like to practice making babies.
I don't mind the practice at all, the more the better and it sure is fun! Plus practice makes perfect, right? That's what I'm always trying to tell them at least...

I definitely don't want to be making babies in this town though...on my walk past South Philly high school every morning I pass the side of the school where the short buses stop. I'm blown away by the amount of kids who are born with disabilities. In my HS where I went to school in Northside H-town (Houston to the non-ganstas out there), there was only about 30 disabled students per the school's 3500 students. At S. Philly High, there seems to be hundreds of physically and mentally handicapped kids. It really saddens me, but it also points to the fact that children born in the city are probably born to young mothers, to mothers who do some hard drugs and to mother's not given good pre-natal care and to parents living in a really polluted city.

I just realize that I'm lucky with how I was brought up, but also I realize that I'm not going to bring any little one into life in this city. I'll do my best to help the one's here though. I can't wait to take some of the local BMX kids and start doing some races at FDR park next Spring. There are some kids that probably hit 200 rpms while they try racing me down some of the streets.



No comments: