Livin' it up in Ben Franklin's town. Riding a bike in the city; damn! watch out for those trolley tracks (slippery when wet!) Whoa, that's what a hoochie mama looks like! I don't think I'm in Delaware anymore.....

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

It's 3am and I'm wide awake...

To those that know me well, you know I love my sleep...
My freaking neighbor has these barking dogs and he's also a niteowl and so tonight has been very little hours of sleeping so I felt like hopping on the computer for a wee bit.

Question....How do I tell a convicted felon that his dogs shouldn't bark in the late pm and early am? What makes it hard is he typically starts barking first and then they join in...so I would be telling him personally that he can't bark either...

or should I just call the cops??? I spoke to one the other day, while I rode the bike through the movie set down the street and he told me to call the SPCA, but I don't think the SPCA will take him in too, as he's the problem...unless of course the dogs incite him to bark and so they are the culprits to begin with.

but a bigger problem concerns the fact that if I get him arrested, then his 15yr old daughter will have no where to go as the mom's dead and this guy doesn't talk to his extended family.
He's already mentioned to me that he's trying his best not to go in the slammer again (he's been in and out a few times since shooting a guys leg off back in the day, these days he's just a loud drunk) and so I feel for him, but DAMN, how many hours of sleep does the neighborhood have to lose because of this one person???

Hope everyone in bike land is having sweet dreams right now...Let me know what you think when you wake up...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BC-
Dude. You should use that white noise-maker you had in college. If that is not enough combine it with some earplugs. If that is not enough, call the cops, adopt his daughter, and build the dog a nice house in your backyard with all the extra energy you have.

BC the Doood said...

Thanks Tripper! I actually forgot about the white noise maker I used to have...It did work great, I should buy a new more energy efficient one though..
I've thought about throwing dog biscuits in the back patio everytime the dogs go crazy, maybe quite them down.