Livin' it up in Ben Franklin's town. Riding a bike in the city; damn! watch out for those trolley tracks (slippery when wet!) Whoa, that's what a hoochie mama looks like! I don't think I'm in Delaware anymore.....

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Cycling Philosophy 101

The band Sublime was so good. Haven't listend to them since college, I forgot how much they jammed.

Went spinning out the legs yesterday afternoon as I hurt myself running on Thursday and I started thinking really deep and began wondering if cycling is a sport for masochists or sadists. I realized that it's a sport which you only hurt yourself if you want to, as it's not like football where crazy people will enjoy hurting you.
Cycling is a sport for masochists. That's my conclusion. Sure you may get dropped on a climb and climb yourself back albeit in a lot of pain, but it's not the person dropping you on the climb who makes your legs burn and your heart peg. It's YOU doing the inflicting of pain.

No comments: