Livin' it up in Ben Franklin's town. Riding a bike in the city; damn! watch out for those trolley tracks (slippery when wet!) Whoa, that's what a hoochie mama looks like! I don't think I'm in Delaware anymore.....

Monday, September 05, 2005

West Coast Weather on the East Side

Nothing like cutting the week short to ride bikes and work on the house! I took off of work on Wednesday to just enjoy the (finally) great weather which hit town this week. All the Nasty air blew out and Blue Skies returned. It's been awesome and has helped me get back on the bike and really enjoy it. Looks like the whole City thought the same too as people were out in force on Saturday and today. (Oh my gosh were the ladies out in force. I'm think I'm going to take up running or roller blading on the Drives!!!) Man was it awesome on Saturday...after my nice 4 hour ride with the "Bread" people, I caught up with Matt Warner (used to race with him back in the Y2K) at the fountain behind the Art Museum. He too was just finishing a ride after taking off some time. He mentioned that he's going to start a late Winter/Early Spring road racing series in NJ. Also mentioned he was going to run some single speed road bike racing with gear limitations (NO fixies though). What a sweet Idea, though lets see if it can get off the ground. I'll keep y'all in the loop to let you know if Matt can organize this.

Total riding for the last 5 days is sick. 5 hour ride out to Valley Forge on Thurs. (1/2 hour city jog on Friday). 4:15 ride with the Bread peeps on Saturday. (stood for 8 hours in Wilmington, kick'n the mic at Jason Gundel Memorial Crit Sunday), then another 5 hour ride today with Joe Wentzel and posse of Breakaway Fitness/Racing/Bike shop. What's crazy is I feel great....

No comments: