Livin' it up in Ben Franklin's town. Riding a bike in the city; damn! watch out for those trolley tracks (slippery when wet!) Whoa, that's what a hoochie mama looks like! I don't think I'm in Delaware anymore.....

Monday, September 05, 2005

My Mom and I on Saturday

My mother came to visit me and provide guidance on the house this Saturday. People joke around about my energy level, HA, I ain't nothing compared to my mom! Let's just say I can't even keep up with her and she turns 60 next month. She came over and immediately was running around my house with a notebook writing down what she thought I still needed to work on (I'm taking the advice as I have no clue on some stuff). Anyways after an hour of her never catching her breath (amazing I tell you!!), she really, really wants to hit the Eyetallian Market. I convince her that it's a short walk (aka, I don't want to drive 3/4 a mile to spend 10 minutes trying to find a parking spot once we get there) . She wasn't too happy with my decision, but alas, as soon as she smelled Pats and Gino's and saw the craziness of the Market, she found that energy again. Her energy though wasn't the best thing for a crowded market. More than a few times I saved her from almost knocking down people or hopping into a busy intersection. Heck, I even had to remind her to "look both ways before you cross the street."

She couldn't believe the deals of the Market either. The first veggie booth we passed had Green Peppers, 4 for a dollar. Next booth was 5 for $1, next was 6 for $1. She was in deal Heaven, you should have seen her. There were so many deals that it was the first time in a while that I saw her overcome by "good deal" overload. She truly didn't know where to start as everywhere she looked, she seemed to find a better deal than the one she just saw.

Overall I had a fun time at the Market with my mom and we had a good walk back to my place. We stopped at a really good local EyeTallian bakery (right around 10th and Tasker St. I think???) to have seme Canoles and Gelato. Damn it was good, definitely going to hit that place up again as it was place the cookie monster would love. Also you know the baker is true Italian when you are the only customer in line who she speaks English too, while the rest all speak Italian (well, it could have been Klingon as far as I can understand).

We get back to my place and outside are the next-door neighbors, who are a cool young married couple. I remember the wife telling me last week she too has a twin sister (on a conversation of siblings), and alas, there's a hot blonde woman talking with her husband who looks just like my wife-neighbor, but I could tell is not the wife, since my wife-neighbor is not blond. They were heading to a wedding and obviously the sister wasn't going there with a guy, so now I gotta ask my cool wife-neighbor if her hot sister lives around here....but I'm sorta wondering what the cool-husband-neighbor would think if I was trying to get with a carbon copy of his wife?

Ok, anyways my mom and I get back to my place and my mom, who hadn't walked more than 1/2 a mile in a long while gets her second wind (must have been the canole) and decides we need to hit IKEA, Lowes and then Home D'poe. Wowzers, can you say cooked legs? Not my mom!!! I on the other hand was struggling, though knowing that Ikea has more Eye Candy these days than the best bar in town, I decided to go. Again, great decision!!! It must have been "hot women 5'9" (or taller) Day at Ikea when we hit it. All those ladies kept me going while at Ikea, though Lowes and the Home D'poe were rough as I truly was cooked and my mom was in rare form going from isle to isle taking note of things I should pick up (not realizing it would take years for me to actually buy some of the stuff). We did pick up some dope cabinet handles for me to try out. I'm totally regulating in my kitchen right now. That place is going to rock by next Spring.

No comments: