Livin' it up in Ben Franklin's town. Riding a bike in the city; damn! watch out for those trolley tracks (slippery when wet!) Whoa, that's what a hoochie mama looks like! I don't think I'm in Delaware anymore.....

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Toasting the Summer away

Had to pour myself a margarita to drink the (hopefully!) last 90 degree day of the year away. It's been a little rough in the city on the hot days, as the heat just stays with you, unlike the "country" where I used to live in Newark, DE. One supposedly positive thing about the city's heat is that the subways stay nice and balmy even in the winter, also now that I live and work here, no snow storm is too big to keep me from my office....though is that a good thing?

Oh snap, I think I haven't mentioned that the building where I work is the same building they used in the Eddie Murphy movie, Trading Places. The building is way too freaking beautiful for how we use it today. Man, if only I had a billion burning a hole in my pocket, I would buy it and make it even more kick ass. I have to creep down and get a picture of the old bank vault one day. The door is mindblowing. It's 4 feet thick of beautiful stainless steel and the back of the door (the side which faces inside the vault) is all glass and you can see all the gears which the door uses to open and close itself every day. We don't even use that vault anymore as it's 2 stories underground and it's probably too big for modern day uses. The room is the phuk'n bomb though and would be awesome to convert it to some secret afterhous type club.






No comments: