Livin' it up in Ben Franklin's town. Riding a bike in the city; damn! watch out for those trolley tracks (slippery when wet!) Whoa, that's what a hoochie mama looks like! I don't think I'm in Delaware anymore.....

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Open flys on the train!

I'm like 6 for 6 the past 6 weeks for forgetting to zip the fly before I leave the house at least one day a week. I don't know what's up with that, but now I'm totally getting paranoid!!! I think it's my big rush to get to work each morning and I'm totally focused on not forgetting my lunch, or making sure my tie looks right. I've been wondering why I get some random smiles on the subways these days....

Took off yesterday and today to ride this sweet West Coast weather. I've been feeling wicked fit and so yesterday I thought I would go try to make the ride out to beautiful V-Forge and back in less than 4 hours. No luck. I started running again 2 weeks ago, and yesterday I had all these aches and pains on the bike. It felt like my first hard ride of the season it was so bad. My knee was throbbing, the balls of my feet were burning. I had weird saddle hot spots, it was rough....at least it was a beautiful day out and the park was awesome. Vally-Forge has to be one of the coolest places to ride around here. Also the city is just so vibrant on days like yesterday and today.

$4-5 gas??? How about paying $50 to fill your honda up? That's how it's going to be a week from now. Ride your bike everyone!!! To those that don't follow the economy, get ready for prices to rise big time at the grocery store and everywhere else for that matter. All those goods have to be moved somehow and they don't have a magic carpet ride to get to the stores. If you follow the markets go to clearstation.com or bigcharts.com and look at year charts of some airlines like CAL, DAL, NWAC, AAI, MESA, JBLU and see them dropping off a cliff b/c of gas. Retailers like ANF, URBN, WMT, AEOS, ARO and TGT. They too are getting destroyed b/c of where investors think gas prices are going.

People think New Orleans got hammered, wait until H-town gets Rita, it's going to be just as tragic. The houses built in that town sure aren't build to last, also the whole city is only a few feet above sea level. I spoke to my mother last night and she says that our house down there wouldn't withstand the storm as we are in a 100 yr. flood plain and that's before people developed many square miles of forest and farm land surrounding our neighborhood.
I feel sorry for all the NO people evacuated to the AstroDome, only to have to be moved again.

Remember people, ride your bike and save some gas!!!

No comments: