Livin' it up in Ben Franklin's town. Riding a bike in the city; damn! watch out for those trolley tracks (slippery when wet!) Whoa, that's what a hoochie mama looks like! I don't think I'm in Delaware anymore.....

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Took off work again....

Making sure I use those precious vacation days before the year ends. Work's going to be too busy the next 2 weeks as one of my compratriots is off to the Country of Aleman's (that's some spanish for Germany...something like that) and then of course, since I'm the new guy there's no way in Hell I'll get off to celebrate the whole week of Kwanza. So I have very little time left to actually use these days (5 and counting...sorry Rindos, not trying to rub it in *if your pissed just remind me a few x a day how I need to buy and hold aka ESLR*)

So like a good bike rider I again took off on a nice, sunny, but WICKED cold day today with my new friend Thea (read post about a month back). She was crazy enough to join me on my 4+ hour (normally not more than 4) journey to Valley Forge park and back. The whole ride there was 10-20mph head winds, nothing close to the Y2K Seaford RR, but still wicked windy and enough to make my brain and body turn to fuzz by the time I got home.

It was brutal today, I totally thought I was fit and that it would be a steady pace out to VF park and then attack a few climbs, sort of like last week when I showed Thea some of the real hills out in VF. But when we hit VF we were cooked (freeze dried if you like) and so we just hit the rest stop to refuel and then turned around to ride back. I will tell you though, the tailwind back was awesome, but I had no juice at all and Thea was too kind to not push the pace. Ugh, I always hate the first few cold rides as I totally forget how to dress for them and I also forget that even though you are riding slower, you body consumes a lot more calories. I'm surprised I'm still awake right now considering how knackered I was when I got home around 3:15 today. It took me until about 5pm before I could even think again. Also my back is trashed...nothing like staying low for a few hours so the wind doesn't beat you up....looks like I'm going to start yoga again to make that back good again.

No comments: