Livin' it up in Ben Franklin's town. Riding a bike in the city; damn! watch out for those trolley tracks (slippery when wet!) Whoa, that's what a hoochie mama looks like! I don't think I'm in Delaware anymore.....

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Got to do something next time....

Took that good ol' SEPTA subway back home tonight (good thing they are not on strike anymore!!!) and on the train ride I witnessed a fine, young lady being intimidated by a male about her age. He was totally hitting on her and she didn't want any part of it, but he kept on at it and even boxed her in by using his arm to hold the railing. At first I thought they probably knew each other, as he was totally invading that invisible space people keep between each other, but then I realized she was trying her best to ignore him.

I'm really pissed at myself for not being a good guy and a good citizen for not telling the dude to back off. Luckily he got off the train on a stop before her's, so she didn't have too much to worry about, but still, now that it's dark outside, I bet she still had a worried walk back to her home, all b/c of some dude who couldn't take a hint. On my walk home in the pouring rain, in my head I heard the voice of the priest in the movie, "The Boondock Saints" talking about how someone's inaction to prevent or stop a crime is almost as bad as the crime itself.

So lesson learned tonight. If you see someone being taken advantage of, do something about it, especially if you know you have the power to help them. Too many people wait until it's too late.

No comments: