Livin' it up in Ben Franklin's town. Riding a bike in the city; damn! watch out for those trolley tracks (slippery when wet!) Whoa, that's what a hoochie mama looks like! I don't think I'm in Delaware anymore.....

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Good day for skipping work

Checked the weather at work yesterday and realized that any sane person with 10 days of vacation left (and no cash to take a trip) better use them up quick while the weather's still good...so decided to take off today and tomorrow to ride the bike and work on the house.
(damn, listening to afterhoursdjs.org right now, they are playing a sick remix of Tracy Chapman's song Fastcar)
Last night I was going to hand out candy, but chickened out as I was afraid of having some punks scope my place....I'm a little scarred from Halloween as when I was a kid growing up in H-town, our house was broken into on Nov 1st while everyone was at work/school. We had a bunch of stuff stolen and while my step-dad and mom were talking to the police that night, they said that it's common for theives to scope places on Halloween night....Would have been fun though and I have way too much candy to have around, already binged on all the reese's butter cups. I chopped them up, poured milk on them then put in some Hershey's chocolate syrup and stirred it together. Talking about a party in your mouth! Probably something like a quick 1500 calories, but hell, probably burned 2K on my ride today.

Decided to piss off the neighbor bigtime today. From about 1:30pm-4 I was rocking out Trance (afterhoursdjs.org of course!) with my sub on, which was against the wall between our houses. Never heard his dogs...but that's b/c my stereo was louder.

Rode to Valley Forge today and finally took the camera. Nice solo ride to work out the demons and chill out from life. Running has definitely made me stronger on the bike, it's also made my whole body more fit. Feels good to be strong on a bike again, but what's the use when we are heading into winter....
Was nice and warm by the end of the ride, total shorts and shortsleeve jersey by the end.

No comments: