Livin' it up in Ben Franklin's town. Riding a bike in the city; damn! watch out for those trolley tracks (slippery when wet!) Whoa, that's what a hoochie mama looks like! I don't think I'm in Delaware anymore.....

Thursday, April 20, 2006

A DJ as a Neighbor

Yiggity Yo, last night while I was picking up some random trash on a street next to mine (11th St around Jackson), I saw a dude putting out box after box of vinal on the curb. I go up and ask what kind of vinal and the dude, who I recognized as cool dude Pete (I run into him and chat with him every few weeks ever since I moved here), told me it was a bunch of House stuff he's not playing anymore. I was like, dude, you're a DJ, yes he said. What's your DJ name? Pete Moss he says. I'm like dude, that's sweet, where do you play. Well, he says, once a month I play in Philly at 125 Something (Old City) and the rest of the time I travel around the US and World. I'm like snap, that's sweet man.

Anyway, Mr. Raz, I don't know if you read this Blog, but I now have about 500 records for you dude, I'll be calling you shortly to tell you that you won the record of the month prize!

More on Pete Moss:

http://www.joshwink.com/form/petemoss.php
http://www.thedjlist.com/djs/PETE_MOSS/
http://www.jivemagazine.com/article.php?pid=1343

Byron, ever hear him live???



My girl had a good point and told me that I could set up my trainer on my back patio and spin, and it would be just like riding outside b/c I would be riding outside. Damn she's smart, I never would have thought it and would have just sulked around the house pissed I couldn't ride in the great weather.

2 comments:

Fort James said...

Dood,

The guy was tossing the records out? That's crazy. Guess he never heard of Ebay, huh?

Nice find though . . . . . . Maybe when the dogs start barking loud, you could offset it with some house music?

Anonymous said...

dude-
nice, what a find. i've not heard of him...DJ's in philly: Eric Morillo @ PURE sometime soon (may?) Oaky was SCHWEEEEEET. super fun. totally missed you!

How's ur hand?