Livin' it up in Ben Franklin's town. Riding a bike in the city; damn! watch out for those trolley tracks (slippery when wet!) Whoa, that's what a hoochie mama looks like! I don't think I'm in Delaware anymore.....

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Word up 2 days o' riding

Can't believe I've had 2 back to back 1 hour days in the saddle! Did another hour worth of laps around FDR park, this time using a few spurts of my raw power to probably hit a whopping 100 watts!!! I don't have much on the bike right now, but still I'm smiling b/c in just a few days my wrist has gone from achey to flexible. That totally rocks and makes me think I may dust off my ol Red bike (Mr. V, it's the one I had when we were racing together in '03, damn I can't believe it's that long ago...) for some weekend riding.

While riding in FDR park a beatup car was parked in the bike lane the whole time. It was only until the last lap that I realized it had a huge stick on the car which said SPAY & NEUTER. I immediately wondered, do they mean the 4 legged animals, or all the kids (aka future baby mamas and baby daddies) running wild in the city?

And oh yes, now that it's gotten hot, my house has become a little oven. Since I have a black tar roof it get's phuk'n hot upstairs. I got home at 6:30 and the downstairs was a manageable 80, but upstairs was 94!!! I can't wait until I get some white stuff on the roof. I bought it last year, but it got too hot for me to even get up there to paint it on.

It's been a month since my lady moved in....so far, so good!

Ride on!

-bc

No comments: