Livin' it up in Ben Franklin's town. Riding a bike in the city; damn! watch out for those trolley tracks (slippery when wet!) Whoa, that's what a hoochie mama looks like! I don't think I'm in Delaware anymore.....

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Bullets flying in Sou' Philly

Wow, totally zonked out this morning and right at 12:59am I hear some pops outside. Being now used to Sou' Philadelphians affinity towards fire crackers I was like, man not again....but this time I realized it would be just one pop, then another pop would be down the street, then the pop closest to me and then another few pops down the street. OH MY, those are real gun shots, not those fake movie ones, not the crazy fire work kids, but gun shots, with white flashes from their pistols everytime they fired too. Probably a good 20 shots fired in total between the two. I wonder what happened last night? I checked the Philly news sites, but nothing. My cornerstreet bakery will know though, he knows everything and everyone.
Luckily my 1/2 sleep brain kicked on right before I was about to open my front door to see what the racket was, and I decided it would be smart to get to the other side of the house. The cops came quick and man did they come, I still didn't want to pop my head out, though I could tell a lot of them showed up and dispersed among the local streets to find out what happened.

Crazy...I still feel safe, but man you never know, plus being in the city you get a lot of people who don't live in your neighborhood just driving through once and a while.
Dieter, after nats I think we need you to move to Sou' Phil with that hunting rifle of yours and be deputized.

I'm going to do my first wimp-out of the year and not ride on the beautiful sunny day we are having today. Just like a virgin, I'm saving myself for the perfect ride (mtb) tomorrow out with my posse to the Wiss.

On a side note I totally ceded that I'm a corporate whore yesterday when at 6:15am my trusty co-worker SuperStritt gave me a call saying that she was cooked and couldn't get in today. See, I was out on vacation, so I definitely hadn't planned on coming in, but our office party had been at Dave & Busta's on Thursday and since being a veggie, I didn't eat the meat entrees and so the first thought in my head was that not only had the superStritt gotten sick, but so had most of my office. So I headed in, but luckily all was fine and dandy. My manager brought in another employee from one of our other offices, so I could have possibly have gone home, but being the control freak that I am, I couldn't bear leaving the office in the hands of someone I just met.
All went well, and right before I left one of the high-rollers of the office emailed my boss's boss giving me props. That felt great and made me think of the difference between my current job and my previous one. They treated me like shit and expected me to smile and want more each day, it's amazing how much better a person will work if they know management has their back.

Ride on!

-BC

No comments: