Livin' it up in Ben Franklin's town. Riding a bike in the city; damn! watch out for those trolley tracks (slippery when wet!) Whoa, that's what a hoochie mama looks like! I don't think I'm in Delaware anymore.....

Sunday, January 28, 2007

New Year, New team

Just last week I decided to move to a team which has all my training buddies on it. It was a hard decision as all the people on the Guys Racing team have been awesome, but when it came down to it, I didn't ride much with them as they all seemed to live far away from Center City Philly and I would only catch up with them at most every few weeks or so.

The dudes who I do 90% of my group riding all live within 2 miles of Center City and hence a few months ago they started talking about leaving their respective teams and creating a new team based in Center City and with that they created a team rightfully named, in French, the "The City's Team": http://www.lequipedeville.org/.

It should be another fun year getting to know all the new people my fellow riding buddies have asked to join the team. What's going to make the team unique is that it's more of a club than a "racing team" as we are going to participate in a good majority of the Philly benefit rides during the summer months. Pretty much every person on the team was at one point a hardcore racer, some still are, but mainly it's people who love to ride hard, train hard, and compete, but who don't necessarily want to race every weekend.


No comments: