Livin' it up in Ben Franklin's town. Riding a bike in the city; damn! watch out for those trolley tracks (slippery when wet!) Whoa, that's what a hoochie mama looks like! I don't think I'm in Delaware anymore.....

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Straight Bike Pimp'n

Sold my car (mazda 3 wagon) this week. Going to be rocking out with my bike out now. Yes I will miss having my own car once and a while, but honestly I didn't really drive it much at all anymore (only 6000 miles since May 2005) and considering I still had 3 years of paying off to do and Philly's crazy $$$'s for car insurance, I'm going to be saving just a hair under $600 a month. I'm thinking that after all the other factors are taken in, I'll probably put away only about $300, since the Philly CarShare (www.phillycarshare.org), renting a car every once and a while, and also taking SEPTA will take a bite, but DUDE, it's worth it, b/c I don't have to worry about some punk ass white trash kid breaking into it b/c he thought he saw a penny on the dash.

Also joined up with a gym for the first time in 2 years (philly sports club). Damn it felt great to be all sore again! Isn't it weird how if you just woke up all sore one morning, you'd get all stressed out that something isn't right, but if it was the day after hitting the gym in a while, it sure makes you feel good?

So the first week (at the gym) felt great and this past week was even better as my complimentary one hour workout with a personal trainer was with the hottest one there (a woman of course, sorry Tom!) Nothing like a fine lady making you do one more rep just for her...

Rode in the hellacious winds today out to VF park. The whole day I was having Seaford 2000 flashbacks when we would be going full gas into a head wind at like 14 mph, then turn and be spinning out at 40mph.

OH shit, I forgot to say, this is big news since I haven't rocked out in Old City since Christine's B-day in 2004 (that's still a night to remember as I was a tad inebriated and lost from 2-4am while tropical storm Ivan stormed all around, plus it was the weekend before my bro's wedding) I went out with the Pepster Friday night. He was one of the uberstars of my old office and since I've left my old firm, we hadn't had too much time to catch up, so we planned to meet at McGillans on Sansom St. at 7pm. That place was rocking and since Philly is now Smoke Free (almost...) you could actually see people in there. McGillans is Philly's oldest bar (from the 1700's I believe) and we would go there after work once and a while since it was just a block from my old office. I totally dug it in there now that I could breathe. Plus they had Woodchuck on tap, which was the first time since 1999, when I had some on tap at some bar around Loyola College in Baltimore, that I was able to savor the tasty ness that only a keg of apple-cidar could bring. Man it was good, I almost didn't want to leave McGillans, though the Pepster and I decided to check out his old place, the Blue Martini, where he pretty much knew everyone. It was a cool scene, though a little dead, so we headed across the street to some other Irish bar where it was hopping like mad. A cool scene and again I had some apple cidar, though this time they had the real stuff, hot mulled cidar with Cinnamon Schnaps, a perfect drink to take any chill off and then some. I was feeling all the apple cidars, though luckily the walk back to the Blue M., was only about 100 feet and again, since the Pepster is cool-money g with the Blue people, we didn't wait at the door and were soon rocking out to the Blue's House Dj. He mixed it up wicked well and had the plac jumping all night from probably 11:30pm to 1:30 when the Pepster and I decided to roll.
Overall it was a killer of a night as I didn't spend much at all, plus the rain wasn't much of anything. I'm pissed though that I missed the madness down in Wilmington at the Halloween Loop on Saturday. I pissed away almost my whole day on Saturday as this light-weight was crushed until about 4pm. It's amazing how 5 drinks knocked me on my arse.
I really need to have something up at my place before too long. It's amazingly almost now finished since moving in May 2005!!!

Ride on,

-BC


Also for Dieter and your recent duress, don't stress about having a few bad races, that shit comes and goes, it's hard to be a true gangsta racer all year long, and you do it, so you have mad crazy props from everyone (don't you forget it either!). I'm thinking there's just serious smackdown building up in your legs and all those peeps better watch out. Dude, on an aside I'm sorry for not giving a mic-shout out to you at Granogue, I was totally looking for a FORT jersey. I'm such a looser...

No comments: