Livin' it up in Ben Franklin's town. Riding a bike in the city; damn! watch out for those trolley tracks (slippery when wet!) Whoa, that's what a hoochie mama looks like! I don't think I'm in Delaware anymore.....

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Savaged by the Century

Rode the Savage Century yesterday with a few of my trusty Guys teamates (Rico, Frank, Chris and Jim) and right before we started, was lucky enough to run into Ted (Logik). So out we roll on some of my most favorite roads for training. Man did it bring back a lot of good memories throughout the ride. I couldn't believe how far out we rode, especially when I realized a hard climb we were doing was actually the finishing climb of the famous Mt. Nebo race.
It was a fine day, but turned out quite hard as the wind got stronger as the day wore on. It ended up being a total ride time of about 7 and 1/2 hours. Much longer than I thought it would be, but while out riding, it didn't feel even close to that long.
The food was pretty good throughout, though I was bummed when they ran out of Figgy bars on the final rest stop. I don't get why you need 1.2 million chocolate chip cookies and only 1000 figgy bars. Cyclist love their figgy bars!!!

Here's some of the hardcore shots of the posse. I'm having trouble posting messages under them, though the WW dude is obviously Mr. Logik. The solo shot is the El Presidente Rico of the Guys Squad.



No comments: