Livin' it up in Ben Franklin's town. Riding a bike in the city; damn! watch out for those trolley tracks (slippery when wet!) Whoa, that's what a hoochie mama looks like! I don't think I'm in Delaware anymore.....

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Props to Manhardt

Dave, thanks for kicking knowledge on how to do the links. I'm a slacker on the links, but now I got em up. Still a work in progress, like the rest of life....

Let's hope this stuff falling from the sky doesn't stick around for Saturday. If it clears up by then, I'll be pimping the roads around Wilmington/Chadds Ford on the road bike with my lady. My Grandfather's turning 90 and we're rocking out down there this weekend.

Took my first loss this year trading/investing this year. That was a bummer. I took the high risk trade of opening a position of SNDA the day before earnings b/c their competitor (NTES) blew out earnings the previous day and gapped up 10%. SNDA's been in a transition and I was hoping to catch a good pop, instead I caught a good drop! Smart money waits until the day after earnings annoucements to open a position, so FYI, if you are going to invest in the short term, always check when news worthy events are coming up for the company, ie. Earnings, Annual Meetings, Conference presentations etc. I knew all of this, but was greedy. Live and learn. Nothing like losing a possible new set of race wheels in an hour, I'll make it back, but man it takes time to do that. The market builds wealth slowly, but takes greed and shoves it to the ground.

Listening to iTunes on Shuffle right now, man that Beastie Boys song, Body Moving is some hype song, haven't heard that since college.

1 comment:

Fort James said...

Beastie Boys is essential listening. When I am grinding up some climb, hurting in some race, or suffering with the Spot Squad, Mike D and the Boys are in my ears, well in my brain, getting me through it all.

I highly recommend you pick up "Beastie Boys Anthology, The Sounds of Silence". It will take you back and you will be grooving to it. Should I ask my wife to make you a copy?