Livin' it up in Ben Franklin's town. Riding a bike in the city; damn! watch out for those trolley tracks (slippery when wet!) Whoa, that's what a hoochie mama looks like! I don't think I'm in Delaware anymore.....

Monday, March 06, 2006


The USS Princeton, the boat he served on after college and during WWII.
The story of the Princeton can be found here, http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/ships/carriers/cv23sink.html
It takes just 2 minutes to read, and it shows the bravery of people like PJ. He was one of the last guys off the ship as his duty was to secure the ammo if the ship was going down, his position on the boat was right at the back of the ship where the two big guns are located for air defense. Those guns were hardcore. Like 4 barrels each with 50 caliber per barrel. I forget exactly what he told me, but I believe he said it would put a ton of lead in the air w/in a minute's time.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: