Livin' it up in Ben Franklin's town. Riding a bike in the city; damn! watch out for those trolley tracks (slippery when wet!) Whoa, that's what a hoochie mama looks like! I don't think I'm in Delaware anymore.....

Friday, July 14, 2006

I'm still alive, just busy!

I'm out busy riding, just like most of y'all, but I've also been trying my best to research my way out of the market downturn we've had the past 2 months and it's been driving me nuts. Just when I thought things were looking sweet, good ol' MiddleEAST had to smoke a lot of crack and start blowing themselves up. Now the market's gotten smoked. It doesn't matter what you own, outside of Natural Resource related stocks and very secure debt, yo shit is DOWN. So don't wig out when you get your Quarterly or Monthly brokerage statements, no one is stealing your Dough.

Anyways, taking an evening off from riding to do less serious stuff, like reading the Tour and what do I find, but a sweet article on Floyd from OUTSIDE mag:
http://outside.away.com/outside/features/200607/tour-de-france-2006-floyd-landis-1.html

It's a must read, especially if you've read the lastest BICYCLING issue with the Floyd and Zabriski article.

I've been riding like a Rockstar the past 2 weeks, but alas without any BASE (all your base belong to us...don't forget!) miles, I've gotten nasty tendonitis behind my left knee...But hey, isn't that what Ibruprofin's for?

I'm looking forward to some riding this weekend as last weekend was my own person Hills from Hell as I did my long ride out to Valley Forge on Saturday, and then on Sunday I took Thea to my father's house and rode from Brandywine Creek area to Newark Main St., back to Brandywine Creek Park area. It was a good ride for me, but poor Thea had ridden like 9 days in a row (bicycles, not me!) and she was more cooked than the homeless dude that camps out in front of my building (Tom McFarland to those who know, I'll have pictures of him soon).

So I'm riding my sweet Carbon Scott these days, it's a fine, fine ride, wicked light with the DerAche stuff on it, but man, every wheelset I throw on it feels whippy these days. I don't know if I'll have to buy a carbon rear, but every time I get out of the saddle to climb I hear my rear wheel hitting the brakes.

Sorry Y'all, no Fairhill for me this weekend. I'd love to rock out and see everyone race their butt off on one of the Easside's sweetest races, but I'm going to be putting in the miles again on the road, though I may feel good enough to ride out there and say hi! Good luck to all you pimp daddies and wonder women of the fat tire kingdom.



No comments: